Friday Night Thoughts
As another weekend approaches, I find myself struggling during this time of COVID-19 isolation. I know others are too.
- It can feel so damn discouraging.
- So lonely.
- So hopelessly out of our control.
I found this video and it felt helpful to me. I hope it is for you too. It’s short. It’s worth the watch.
Whatever you’re feeling…it’s okay. It’s to be expected.
Please know you aren’t alone…I care about you.
I find taking the inward focus off of my concerns and worries actually helps lower my stress by focusing on how I can be of help and kindness to others.
Maybe you’ll want to try reaching out once a day to one new person in your network or community …
- A single person who works and lives alone and might be getting big-time cabin fever.
- Families who are smothering each other with 24/7 contact.
- First Responders & Medical who are our brave front-line and yet scared for their own health.
- An elderly or immune compromised neighbor.
- A small business owner who’s facing losing their dream of being self-employed and bigger fear of financially hurting the staff they have grown to love as family.
- A friend who fights anxiety, depression or suicidal thoughts.
- A co-worker who’s always strong for everyone else and weak at self-care.
By reaching out to others we build bridges of connection. Relationships of real meaning. With those…we are never alone. There is love. And where there is love…there is hope.
We got this. Let’s help each other!
Helpful Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPbt0bpeOns