Introducing a new way to gain personal empowerment! Grateful to Wounded Warrior Project and their alumni who joined Paul Peng and me for “A Resilient Mind: Healing & Empowering through Gun Therapy”
40 of us from across the country came together to share our wounds, face our fears, and learn “ready-aim-fire” self-empowerment based on shooting techniques and mental wellbeing skills. Attendees hit the bullseye by building personal power over their past and control over their future.
When Covid restrictions are lifted, we will add option of in-person shooting to this workshop. The two important reminders of this works are to not isolate and be cut off from others. We need community and connection. And to get a good hit of dopamine. We feel this “happy” sensation when we overcome a challenge, try something new, accomplish a goal, etc. Therapy like this is fun!
Paul brings his first-hand experiences and authentic stories from being a military police veteran and owner of Sentri Institue, a firearms and security training company.
If you are a Wounded Warrior Project alumni, please sign up for our next on-line (FREE to you) workshop on March 6th. https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/programs/wwp-registration
Not a WWP alumni? Let’s chat about bringing this innovative workshop to your organization.
No matter what, keep moving forward! If you ever feel stuck…contact me, I can help!
#veterans #healing #purplethreads #guntherapy #empowerment
PART FOUR: GAIN AND MAINTAIN POWER AND CONTROL
We define abuse as…”Repeated mistreatment, where one person uses manipulations to gain and maintain power and control over another person.”
For unhealthy people, the biggest commodity isn’t money, fame or status…it is Power and Control. They desire Power and Control over everything in their life including other people. They never want to be the underdog or abused, harassed or mistreated by others so they adopt a “the best defense is a good offense” mentality. By using manipulations they take away your Power and Control so they can dominate over you and you can’t be a threat or an obstacle to them getting their way. It’s a negative form of self-protection that is based on a deep-seated feeling of unworthiness. Often the need to self-protect, even for the harasser/abuser, is based on personal experience with trauma, hardships, abuse, or overt life challenges. What they really want is a deep feeling of self-worth. When they don’t have the skillset to obtain true self-worth, they often use their money, fame or status as bullying tools to get what they truly want….Power and Control over their own lives and confidence in their worthiness…all part of what we call “Authentic Health.”
Feeling a lack of Power & Control stems from unhealthy thinking which includes:
* Never Again Mentality
* Limited Supply Beliefs
* What Mirror Are You Looking Into?
Building Authentic Health means no one can ever take away or diminish our own Power & Control. Here’s how:
* Protect with Health Boundary Lines (HBL)
* Pull Purple Threads & Push Flip-A-Dip! (Turning negative self-talk into positive reinforcement.)
* Promise to SELF (Secure. Ethical. Loving. Fearless.)
* Practice Strength (Self-Aware, Self-Check, Self-Control & Self-Less) where you learn to calmly and confidently Respond vs React out of fear, anger or intimidation. (Fight/Flight/Freeze)
Contact us to learn how to build and strengthen your Authentic Health. When you have Authentic Health you own your Power & Control…and no one can take it from you!
Everyone deserves to live free of harm, harassment, and un-health. Everyone deserves to be their best self and live a life of health and happiness. We can show you how!
Jess Dewell, the bubbly host of Voice of Bold Business Radio, invited me on her show to have a conversation on how to Build Awareness & Act! I truly enjoyed our conversation and the opportunity to explain my ideas and theories including how to create Authentic Health, throwing out the measuring stick of “normal” and pulling Purple Threads.
What You Will Hear:
- Awareness, empathy and a unique view of the world.
- Throw away the measuring stick we use as our normal.
- What to do when someone puts walls up and stops conversations.
- Purple Threads are lies that other people have told us, limiting statements.
- The ‘I am’ mirror exercise finds Purple Threads.
- Abigail’s acronym for T.R.U.S.T.
- Rebuilding trust when it’s broken is tricky.
Notable & Quotable:
- Abigail Manning: I can understand simplicity, it integrates better into life.
- Abigail Manning: On the inside, you can’t lie to yourself.
- Abigail Manning: Throw away a preconceived notion of normal based on your circumstances versus who you are, what ability you have, and who you dream yourself to be.
- Jess Dewell: Awareness allows us to create a place of safety for yourself and others.
- Abigail Manning: Find the threads of unworthiness and rip them out.
- Abigail Manning: When you are a person of power and authority, what you say is believed.
- Abigail Manning: Find the goodness in each person, and connect on that goodness.
- Jess Dewell: We don’t see the impact we have on other people after we are out of a situation.
- Abigail Manning: Look at a person’s behavior (actions)…not the words.
Click here to listen in!
If this conversation resonates with you, please comment or share this video to help spread the message. Enlighten. Empower. End.
Please call 720.219.3631 to schedule your next
Workshop, Training or Consulting.